Hi all – In accordance with our Constitution, notice is hereby provided that the Annual General Meeting for SCSA will be held as follows;
- Date: Sat 21st October 2017
- Time: 5.30pm for a 6.00pm start
- Venue: United Synergies, 12 Ernest St Tewantin.
Pizza & softies to follow the meeting.
The agenda will be as follows;
- President: Welcome & report on the year in review.
- Treasurer: Financial report for the past year.
- Election of Office Bearers and new Committee.
- Election/nomination of AIRS Manager & Safety Officers.
- Membership categories & club fee discussion.
- General Business:
- Funding proposal for completion of Teewah Hangar.
- Tingira Cr update.
- Other sites discussion – enhancements, new sites, sites in SC Council area.
- Plans for the year ahead.
- Meeting close & refreshments.
The club has made good progress in many respects this past year and it would be good to see a healthy roll-up for this years AGM.
Tingira Cr – Noosa Council will be meeting today to formulate their position on the management plan they want to see in place for this site. The plan will be reviewed with Council & residents quarterly to ensure stakeholders are getting improved outcomes. The plan is expected to follow the offering made by SCSA during the period up to the public meeting which voted to allow us to continue operating at the site. Final details will be provided as soon as possible but aren’t expected to include any surprises. Some initiatives such as mandatory carriage & use of radios & duty pilot regime have already been implemented. By necessity the conditions when flight can occur at the site will be mandated and will be subject to expert input from CFI’s for PG/HG disciplines. Critical too will be the requirement that the minimum vertical & horizontal separation rules from properties must be met – failure to ensure this will definitely imperil the future of this site. To assist members determine if conditions are suitable for flight at Tingira the club has purchased a Holfuy weather station & cam along with a flag pole which will be installed at launch in the near future. This will be available for online scrutiny. Members need also to be aware that the main resident complainants are located on top of the ridge to the north at the Sunshine Beach end of the site – please stay away from these properties.
A further update will be provided at the AGM.